It’s that old adage: ‘Wait ages for a bus then two come along at once.’ So, here I am—firing up the blog after a fortnight’s hiatus—and I return to find I’ve been nominated by two different bloggers for The Liebster Award. Delighted!
Thanks to Book Meets Girl for nominating me. I see that The Liebster Award is intended to ‘Discover New Blogs’ so, in this online world of sharing our words and images, awards such as these can be a lovely means to discover new voices and honour their author’s contributions.
What I like about Book Meets Girl is that it’s a mixture of book reviews and writings about life. Many of the Book Meets Girl’s entries are prompted by The Daily Post—a brilliant blog for inspiring writers and photographers, a site I adore for kickstarting my own writing and where I read many creative entries interpreted by one simple word—and in these entries, I gain insight into the personal life of Book Meets Girl.
As I have just nominated eleven bloggers on my other post about The Liebster Award, I am going to adapt this nomination acceptance slightly. I’ll answer the eleven questions and post eleven questions out there for anyone to answer, should they wish to comment.
My answers to the eleven posed questions:
1. What is the first book you remember actually choosing and reading yourself?
The Velveteen Rabbit. I was about seven and thought it was such a sad book. I can still feel that sadness for the rabbit. I was also given a Velveteen Rabbit stuffed toy and, over the years, its blue coat scuffed and faded, its tail ended up resembling Einstein’s wiry hair. Sadly, my bunny never was kissed by a fairy and came to life. I finally agreed to donate my toy when I exited my teens. Fondly remembered, poor ole rabbit…but he was loved.
2. What is your favorite food?
Steak with peppercorn sauce. Divine.
3. How do you feel about T.V.?
I’ve little time to watch. It’s collecting dust.
4. Who is your favorite Disney Character?
Shrek’s Donkey rules with wit and heart.
5. Minions, Marvel, D.C.?
I like a good Minion.
6. Where is your favorite place to read?
Bed, under heavy duvet.
7. What is your favorite book(s)?
Too many. Here are two: Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant (Anne Tyler) and Spoon (Amy Krouse Rosenthal).
8. What is your favorite time of the year?
9. How do you feel about the current adult coloring book hobby?
Sadly, it’s become a saturated market—they’re everywhere! But I find colouring a meditative pastime that can reward one’s efforts with an artful creation. I don’t own one of these books as I prefer to paint.
10. Where would your dream house be located?
Either ten steps from the beach or a three-story house in Kensington. Both, please. Or anywhere I can write, with light-filled inside space and luscious garden.
11. Cooked fish or Sushi?
Prawn with chili, garlic and lime.
Here are eleven questions for anyone who would like to answer. Answer any or all of these below, should you be so inclined:
- What’s your most favourite blog post you’ve written? I’d love to read it. Post a link below.
- Your house is on fire! Aside from people, what do you save?
- Your autobiography—what would be its title?
- Congratulations! Hollywood wants to make a film about your life! What actor would play you?
- What’s your greatest fear?
- I need a new book. Recommendations?
- How long have you blogged?
- Can you share three blogs for people to check out?
- I’m rather fond of espresso martinis and Barolo wine. What’s your favourite tipple—either non-alcoholic or liquid bullet?
- Has the world gone mad?
- Cheese—it’s a staple of life! What’s your favourite?
Thanks again to Book Meets Girl for my Liebster Award nomination.