‘I’d like to thank the Academy for this award—‘
Oh, now…wait…(Estella puts down statuette, checks with Warren Beatty, snatches the envelope out of Faye’s slender hands and rereads the card).
‘Sorry, folks. Scratch that. I’d like to thank the lovely Cherylene for this Liebster Award nomination. I am sincerely chuffed to be nominated and know that she considers my blog worthy of recognition.’
Since I began blogging not so long ago, Cherylene has continued to ‘like’ my posts and I have enjoyed her writing at Living vs Existing. Cherylene invites readers into both her real-life and creative world. She blogs about physical and spiritual wellness, and also writes poetry, like this recent reminder to ‘Stop and Think.’
I’ve been asked to answer eleven questions about myself. Deep breath:
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Two things: first, it gives me a platform to write whatever I want—fictional stories, life-reflections, nonsense; secondly, I am baffled by the mad mixture of varied blogs online and it’s an impressive world of people all putting themselves out there to blog, sharing their words and photos et al. Inspiring stuff indeed!
2. Are you a meat, fish or veggie person?
3. Use one word to describe yourself?
4. Which word would you use to describe your life at the moment?
5. If you could change anything about yourself – would you?
Only one thing? Goodness! Today I would change my motivation to exercise. I’m tall and have always been slim but I need to get out and move my body. I’ve always returned from a swift walk with a head filled with writing ideas. If only I could find my Nike trainers. They are buried underneath books.
6. What moves your decision to follow another blog?
I enjoy reading all blogs. I tend to follow blogs that are creative, blogs with sharp writing, ideas and/or images that captivate.
7. Do you believe in giving second, third and fourth chances in relationships?
Depends. Is it salvable? Is there still love and passion?
8. Do you have a favourite sport to play or watch?
Huge football (soccer) fan.
9. Which is more difficult for you to stay away from sugary food or fast food?
Driving by a window where someone will hand me a burger—well, that can be mighty tasty when you need a food fix.
10. What’s the most difficult thing about blogging for you?
11. Has your blog met and or exceeded your expectations thus far?
I understand my next move is to nominate eleven bloggers and ask them eleven questions. By doing this, I simply want to acknowledge those bloggers for their well-carved space—no requirement to participate!
- Which is your favourite blog post you’ve ever written? [Please post a link so I can read it.]
- Do you prefer the city or countryside?
- Cats or dogs?
- Comedies or thrillers?
- Coffee or tea?
- Words or images?
- Meryl or The Donald?
- Parties or private moments?
- Are you a world-traveler or home-body?
- What/who inspires you?
- Why blog?
- Calliope Writing
- The Enchanted Outlook
- Cindy Knoke
- Love Ur Own Life
- Simple Ula
- Flittering Soul
- Mums the Word
- Space, Time, and Raspberries
- They Once Called Her Pumpkin
- Christy B.
Thanks again for encouraging me to sit, write and connect with other bloggers, Cherylene.
One thought on “My life: La La Land or Moonlight?”